Sunday, September 18, 2011

Santa Fe Bound to Plein Aire


I am looking forward to going to Santa Fe on October 4th.  I will be part of a group show at the Gerald Peters Gallery,  www.gpgallery.com.   I was in Santa Fe, ("Holy Faith"),  once before on a ski trip in Taos New Mexico. I was so inspired by color of the landscape and the pueblo villages and the Indian people. It's not going to be a long trip but just enough to get a few field studies for some larger works.  I may add the plein aire paintings to the show if they are successful.   Would love to do a workshop out there one of these days.



The city was originally occupied by "Pueblo Indians around 1050 to 1150.  It is surrounded by the Sangre Di Cristo Mountains.  It's  another southwest state  where the landscape is often refereed to as "Big Sky Country" 


I will publish my trip on my return.  

No comments:

Post a Comment